Northwood Forest Products International Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Northwood Forest Products International Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.
The controller for UK data protection laws is Northwood Forest Products International Ltd, 21 C & D Somerset Square, Nailsea, Bristol BS48 1RQ
Data protection principles
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner,
- processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary,
- accurate and kept up-to-date,
- kept for no longer than is necessary, and
- processed in a manner than ensures appropriate security.
Information you give to us
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect your personal information
- Via telephone or email communication
- From meeting with you
- Filling in the enquiry form on our website
- We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as Barbour ABI
- Giving us your business card
- Receiving your instruction to provide you a service
- We may obtain personal information via automated technology when you interact with our website by using cookies, server logs and other similar technology.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- You have given us consent
- We need to perform a contract we are about to enter into, or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our third party’s legitimate interest and your interests and rights do not override those interests,or
- Where we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligation
Purposes for which we will use your personal information
We (the employees and directors of Northwood Forest Products International Ltd) require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- we will only use your information for the purpose (s) for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
How long we will store your personal information
We will use/store your data for as long as it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, or such earlier time as you ask us to stop.
We will use/store your data for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and ourselves.
What if you cannot or will not provide us with your personal information
We will be unable to fulfill our contractual requirements with you
We only share your personal information with the parties set out below:
- Professional advisers
- Other parties in relation to the service we are providing you (eg our credit insurers Nexus CIFS Limited, transport companies, timber suppliers who deliver to you directly)
Where we store your personal information / safeguards
Your personal information will be stored on our local network and/or in the cloud. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opting out of receiving marketing communications
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Automated decision making
We do not do any.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you have given us your permission, we may use your personal information to contact you on third party products.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Northwood Forest Products International Ltd, 21 C & D Somerset Square, Nailsea, Bristol BS48 1RQ
You have the right to ask us to:
- Delete your information
- Correct your information
- Stop using your information for marketing purposes
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to our policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on our website and, where appropriate, notified to you by email or via social media. Please check our website frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
Email us at email@example.com